Health Rut

I am in a health rut. I have let myself go, completely. I haven't been paying attention to what I've been eating or how much. It is such a shame because not only have I gained almost twenty pounds but I know I'm putting myself at risk for all sorts of diseases. I'm making myself miserable. As a result of my weight gain I can hardly fit any of my clothes which makes me not care so much about the way I dress anymore. I hate buying clothes becasue now I have to buy bigger sizes and I absolutely refuse to buy anything new.
I can only wear what fits-- which isn't much. Clearly, something has to be done. I don't even really know when this all happened. When did I give up on myself. I'd like to blame the fact that I changed my job location, and my co-workers were always ordering in and shoving food down my throat, lol. Didn't really happen like that obviously. Point is I can't blame it on them because no one forced me to eat, I made the choice. I know that there is more to it than that. I know I have some issues to work on but in the mean time I have to get my act together or I'll be wearing a sack. After watching Losing It with Jillian Michaels I have been motivated to go back to my old ways where I worked out and was careful about the foods I put into my body. There is no way I can continue like this and so i'm making a change starting at this moment. My goal is to lose 25lbs in the next 8 weeks. By the end of August with the proper diet and an exercise plan I should get to my goal. Good luck to me!!