On Relationships and Settling

I was thinking about the relationships of some of my friends  and I realized that it is far better to be single than to be in a relationship that causes you to compromise who you are as a person.
Not to say I haven't done that before, I wasn't always this smart about relationships. Trust me it takes years to develop wisdom. I am grateful though that I've always had a strong sense of who I am because of this, there are few things I've done or past relationships that I regret. The couple bad relationships were part of the learning process and helped me to become even stronger about what I expect from a mate.

Sometimes I miss being in a relationship. I'm at the age where it seems everyone is married with kids and I feel like I missed the boat, but I think about the times I've gone into relationships simply to fill that void and it never works. You end up settling for less than you deserve and is totally not worth it. I just have to be patient and wait for God to work it all out.

I know my value and I know what I can bring to a relationship. Am I perfect? Absolutely not but I've learned a lot about how to treat someone with respect and to be honest, and these two things go a long way in making a relationship successful. My philosophy is to treat your mate the way you want to be treated. I have the same philosophy for friendships and I think it works great.

Anyway, I was just airing my thoughts on this. It's rather a jumble of things that I wanted to get out of my head. So you get to be the lucky one who endures my randomeness. Thanks

Ciao!!