The End Draweth Near

Yay! Only 2 more days left of the school year. I am exhausted and need a break. I can't wait despite the fact that I'll be busy with grad classes and training. I'm just glad I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn and trek all the way to the South Bronx for the next month and a half. Woot Woot!! (Do people still say that?)
I will miss some of my kiddies, some not so much and some not at all.

Is it bad that I have some favorite students? These kids are super focused, smart and so well-behaved most of the times that they help make my job easier. I think I'm super tough but they love me anyway and they give me hugs. They follow me around and ask me questions all the time. I love feeling loved. My biggest desire as a teacher is to have an impact on the lives of my students. I want to be that teacher they remember when they grow up. I want them to talk about me and how I helped to make school just a little bit more fun and interesting. I want them to say how strict I was but how much I cared for them. I mean ideally, I want this from all my students but I know not everyone of them will remember that but I know my favorites will because I see them hang on to the  words I say, I hear them repeating all my crazy sayings and the values I try to instill in them.

I can't help but love these kids. I'm sure parents have their favorite so why can't teachers? Ain't no shame here.

Ciao!

Comments

  1. There's nothing wrong with having favorites... like you said, some kids just make the job easy. And they make you proud to do what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies, thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thought. Leave your mark on my page!

Popular Posts