Dreams are for Dreaming

Hold fast to dreams For if dreams die Life is a broken-winged bird That cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams For when dreams go Life is a barren field Frozen with snow.
By: Langston Hughes

I absolutely love this poem.

It makes me realize how important it is to have a dream aka vision aka goal.
Sometimes I forget mine. I forget to nurture my dreams and to treasure them. Those are the times I feel as though I have no purpose.
I guess I'm afraid of my dreams. Afraid they are too big, too lofty and just too unattainable. Then I think about all the people who have accomplished great things and how all they started out with was a dream.
My plan is to write down all the things I want to accomplish, and each day speak them into being.
The bible says speak those things that be not as though they are. If you want something you have to believe and speak positively.
I'm so guilty of speaking exactly what I don't want. As my mom likes to say too many times we use our tongue to cancel our blessings. I need to stop speaking what I don't want and start being more focused on what I do want in my life.

I encourage you to do the same. When that negative voice in your head{you know the one that tells you we are too fat or too skinny or not smart enough or whatever it tells you}starts yapping, shut it down and tell yourself that God made you just right and you can accomplish anything with his help. 
 Best wishes!
Ciao!!

Labels: , ,