May 2, 2012

Confession of a Procrastinator

I'm silently cursing myself as I stand in line waiting for my turn to get a number so I can wait some more on another line.

All this could have been avoided if I hadn't been such a procrastinator.
For years I've been complacent about getting my driver's license. Many opportunities for me to do so have come and gone and now my permit has expired and I have to re-take the written test to get a new permit.
Then I have to pay to take classes and then do my road test. Did I mention I have to do this before August 1st?
Yeah, no bueno!!

Why the sudden rush after 5 years of dormancy? Well, apparently one needs to have a DL for this job in Abu Dhabi.
In case you get placed on an island you need to be a driver so you can get to work. I'm praying I won't need it but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
So here I am waiting less than patiently on the line and thinking that I may have just learned the biggest life lesson from this experience. "Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today."

For a procrastinator such as myself this is a difficult lesson. I'm usually the last minute type. Ten page paper due,I start the day before. If I can wait until the very last minute to do something, then trust...that is when it will get done.
Hopefully this will change. It's starting to click in my head- I just can't live my life like this especially with so much to get done before I leave. I'm not expecting sudden miracles because that would be unrealistic but I am going to start getting things done in a more timely fashion. Maybe have a to-do list or something organized like that.
Slowly but surely,change is gonna come.

P.S. I passed the written test, now all I have to do is ace that pesky road test. Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. You have a fellow procrastinator here! lol. Good luck on the road test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, feels good to have company! Thanks, I will need it.

      Delete
  2. Hy beautiful! Love your post! what do u say about following each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Procrastinating was a country, I would be president. I'm trying to work on that so that I'll just be an ordinary Gov't worker in that country instead.LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovelies, thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thought. Leave your mark on my page!