I'm always looking for inspiration to make this journey called life more exceptional. Although I'm not the woman I want to be as yet, I know that if I continue to seek ways to grow and push myself that it will happen.
I came across these rules on one of the most awesome blogs HERE . These rules were created by the Dalai Lama and they offer sound wisdom to becoming the person you want to be.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all of your actions
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Hopefully some or all of these rules will be of inspiration to you as well. Enjoy!