Images of the UAE

Last week my school began preparations for the UAE's 41st anniversary. Things get interesting around here for National Day, nothing remotely related to teaching takes place all week.
The kids practiced everyday for a show that would be put on for the mothers. I had no clue what was going on most of the times as the Arabic teachers were in charge and thus everything was done in Arabic. I just went along with whatever I was told to do and made sure my kids were not running wild as the chaos unfolded around us.

It was a fun experience overall when the actual day for the performances arrived and I had an awesome opportunity to take out my camera and attempt to get my photog skills sharpened. I have been seriously neglecting my hobby. This was the perfect day as everyone was beautifully dressed and made up including the 5 and 6 year olds.


Here are some of my favorite shots. Some of my kiddies and some of the other kids decked out in their fabulous UAE garb. Also if you are curious to see what some of my kiddies look like check out my photo blog here.