January 5, 2013

Sharing my Loss

So remember my post  on goals for the year? Well I said I wouldn't bore you with the details but I've changed my mind.

I recently came across this blog, The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and they are currently having a weight loss challenge. Since one of my goals is to lose weight, I figured why not join up with like minded folks. 

My weight has been a big point of frustration and obsession for me for years. I have lost and regained weight and am constantly battling the proverbial bulge.
I know what to do to lose the weight but my lack of focus, commitment (to exercise) issues coupled with a serious love for all foods rich have seriously impeded my efforts to attain the body of my dreams.

Since moving to Abu Dhabi I can't use the "no time or money for gym" excuses anymore. I get home from work with enough time to have a second career and I have not only a gym but a pool in my building. I really have NO valid excuse to not become fit and fab.

I also got a wake up call when I stepped on the scale and saw that I am at my heaviest weight since freshman year of college. I am in the obese range for my height and age. Things cannot continue this way.
This year I turn thirty and I don't want to head into my thirties with this baggage of an unhealthy lifestyle.
So here is my goal for the next 8 weeks. It is much easier to break down a big goal into smaller goals, that way it is more attainable and the chances of succeeding increase. I am listing my action plan because you can't have a goal without knowing how you will go about getting it done.
Oh and I am writing it on that lovely template I linked in the previous post, and sticking it to my inspiration board along with some inspirational words and photos as a visual reminder of what I am working towards.

Goal: I will lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks.

  • Track my points daily on Weight Watchers.com
  • Gym 4x a week
  • Drink 8 glasses of water daily
  • Eat 6-7 servings of fruits and veggies daily
If you want to participate, head over to the Sisterhood and follow along with the challenge. I will try to keep you posted weekly about my progress. 

Ciao!










1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm glad you've decided to make the change! It's super hard at first but once it becomes habit, it's second nature and then you'll have all kinds of time to think about other things!

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovelies, thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thought. Leave your mark on my page!