What I Want In This Life

source




So like many of you, once the new year rolls in I think about what I want to accomplish. It's a great opportunity to make changes in my life and start over. Pretty exciting actually- that feeling of having a new beginning, a fresh start.


I am not big on making resolutions cause lets face it, resolutions suck. I usually end up feeling frustrated when I  fail which I inevitably end up doing. Resolutions are kind of like wishes to me, rarely do those come true without any effort on my part.
Instead I like to set goals. I had never thought much about the importance of setting goals until I started Teach for America. They were really big on setting Big Goals for the kids as well as professional goals. I realized that once you have something to work towards you are more motivated. The success at the end of the day was just such an amazing feeling. I decided to incorporate goal making into all areas of my life.

 I can create action steps to take and measure my progress over time. I think by setting goals, there is more accountability for my success or failure. I know what I need to do to be successful and if I am not, I know exactly what I didn't do.

I have a few things this year that I really want to accomplish. I have broken them down into categories and then I will set goals within the categories. Not as hard as it sounds. Here are my areas I am focusing on.

  1. Spiritual Growth
  2. Healthy Lifestyle
  3. Healthy Finances
  4. Travel
I won't bore you with all the gritty details of what these specific goals are but you get the general idea of what I am working on. 


Something that I did differently this year is write my goals down. I will be posting them on the wall in my bedroom as a visual reminder. I think this will help me stay focused and committed.

I found this wonderful template here. It is great for keeping track of your goals and success. Check out her blog for other awesome free stuff to make your life a little bit easier.
Hopefully, you will find the template useful.

Check out this site to help you with creating goals.Loads of info and tips.
All the best with your own goals for the new year!