Work Related

I just realized that I hardly ever talk about my job. Lol, it's a big deal since it's the reason I am here in this country.

In the grand scheme of things I have been very blessed with my working situation. It isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I am a simple girl and I have the things that are most important to me. A good working relationship with my co-teacher, staff members and principal and I also have pretty good kiddies.

I teach KG 1 which is the equivalent to pre-k. In this grade there are two teachers, an Arabic and an English teacher.
I have been very blessed to have a teacher with whom I get along. We have very different teaching styles which can be frustrating for me at times but on a personal level we get along very well which has helped the professional relationship. We respect each other and we are mostly on the same page when it comes to the kids.
Speaking of kids, I have the most adorable kids in the school (I might be biased). Don't get me wrong they are sometimes naughty and exhausting but mostly they make me laugh and I love them to pieces.
My co-teacher and I planned out a lot of our routines at the beginning of the year and she pretty much lets me take the lead on discipline in the class, so the kids have been trained and respond well (90 percent of the times) to our rules.

Some days are a little nutty because the reality is that they are babies and they don't always want to be in school and doing work. Sometimes they want to play and talk. It has taken me a while to accept this (I have somewhat unrealistic expectations for 3-4 yr olds). Once I gave them the opportunity to just be kids and loosened my grip, things have been less nutty.
They love to learn and as long as I find ways to make it fun and engaging they are motivated to work. Some of them even ask for more work!

Hopefully I get to move with them next year. Some parents told my co-teacher that they want me to teach their kids next year, if not they will move them to a different school.
I guess I am doing something right.

I can't believe in less than 2 weeks my first teaching year in the UAE will be over. It has been a good year.
My prayer is that the next one will be as good or even better.
Inshallah!