Back in the Wagon...2nd Attempt at Paleo

This week I restarted my Paleo journey.
I was doing really well the past 3 weeks and lost almost 10 pounds.
Then this weekend the girls and I went to a Churascura and all went downhill.  It wouldn't have been so bad because there was so much meat and that's very Paleo, ok maybe not so much 'cause I wasn't paying attention to the cuts of meat to make sure they were lean. Oops
  
They had these yummy cheese bread rolls and I had to try them. Also, when you spend that much money you want to get all you can out of it. 
I had to try the rice and beans and there was cheese.  Had to have some of that and desserts of course.
So I ate a little too much. Needless to say I did not feel great, physically or otherwise.
I decided that I needed to get back on the wagon. I really love the way my body feels when I am eating Paleo. I don't feel like I am starving to death all the time. I have energy and I can sleep well. The weight loss is of course the icing on the cake (which I can't have by the way...I will miss cake). 


For dinner last night I made mashed Cauliflower with Organic Butter.
I served it with Baked Salmon and Green Beans.
Tonight I served up some Shrimp and Veggies with the last bit of Mashed Cauliflower. 
Everything was delish and I feel better already.
My goal is to make it through the next 28 days.  
I want to do a full cleanse of no processed foods. Then I will reintegrate some carbs like quinoa and maybe chick peas. 
Inshallah I will do it. 
Sauteed Shrimp with Veggies and Mashed Cauliflower.
Baked Salmon with Green Beans and Mashed Cauliflower.

Comments

  1. Good luck with Paleo!
    I've personally never felt better in my life than when I went primal for a week but I found it unsustainable during that time. One day, I will go back to it!
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britt, definitely try it again. It isn't as tough as it seems. I think maybe doing it 80-20 works for long term. Sometimes you just want some cheese or a piece of cake. I don't think it will kill you if you have a few treats every now and again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies, thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thought. Leave your mark on my page!

Popular Posts