Facing my Fears




Hey friends, Happy Friday!!!

Weekends are awesome aren't they?
After a long week, it feels great to just relax, put your feet up and chill.

I had a really rough week, probably the roughest I have had to deal with in a long time.

I mentioned in my last post that I got a car and I've been driving myself to work.
It has been extremely challenging because of my fear of driving. I literally battled with fear the entire week and thankfully with loads of praying it is going away.

There were many nights last week when I didn't sleep. The thought of getting into the car and behind the wheel caused a tight giant knot to form in my belly. My thoughts revolved around getting to work and back safely and alive. I could hardly think of anything else.
It was terrible.
The almost fender bender (not my fault) I had didn't help matters. God was on my side and nothing happened but I had an emotional meltdown when I got home. I sat in my living room sobbing like a baby.
The stress was just too much to handle at that point.

I called my mom and had her pray with me and immediately I felt a sense of relief. I won't say that the fear is completely gone, but I feel way better about driving.
I was able to sleep and I didn't think about driving as much as I did at the beginning of the week.

The positive side to last week's experience is that I feel myself drawing closer to God. Sometimes it takes us getting to a place where we feel absolutely powerless to feel his true power. I sought comfort in his words.
I have a bracelet my mom gave me when I went home in the summer. It has Psalm 91 vs 10 inscribed on it.
It says "No evil shall befall you, or come near your dwelling".
I repeat this to myself every time I feel fearful. This is a promise from God that he will take care of me and I know he never fails.

The entire chapter of Psalm 91 is beautiful. It was truly my source of strength and increased confidence. If you are going through something that you find challenging or have a fear you need to overcome, this is a must read.


Wishing you a wonderful  fearless weekend !