Thankful


thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.
    "they were thankful that the war was finally over"
    synonyms:gratefulappreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved 


Over that past few weeks I've been reflecting a lot and thinking about the trajectory of my life.
It is a bit scary thinking about what comes next and the "what ifs".

There are so many things to consider about my future particularly with the end of my two year contract in Abu Dhabi looming in the foreground and while I can make plans, at the end of the day the decisions aren't really mine to make.
I leave it all up to God to choose my path.
Sounds kinda passive right? But trust me it isn't. Being still and patient, requires a lot of work. I have to go against the grain of my own desires.
The easy thing is to go with my impulses, to do what I want when I want. But waiting for God to do his will in his time, now that is hard work. 

All that being said, I have no choice but to believe that he has only my best interest at heart. Somedays I forget but he keeps reminding me.
I am joining the Thankful movement and taking sometime every day this month to think about all the wonderful blessings in my life. 
When I have those bad days or when I feel like nothing ever goes the way I want them to, it will remind me that the glass is indeed half full.

Here are a few of the things I am thankful for:
1. The doors that God closed because he opened doors that led to opportunities that were beyond my realm of thinking.
2. My true friends who love me despite my many flaws. Friends who are still friends despite the many bodies of water that separates us.
3. For the opportunity to live my dream of traveling and seeing the world.
4. My mom. She raised me to dream big and to go after what I want. She been such a huge support system.

There are many more things I am thankful for  but these are just what have been on my mind lately.
I encourage you to really stop and think about your blessings.
It will change your perspective and attitude towards life. There is a certain amount of joy I get from this simple act and I think that is why I am usually a positive person.
Ciao!