I Heart Bangkok...Sort of a Lot


Posing at Wat Pho Temple in Bangkok
If its aesthetic beauty you're after, Bangkok isn't for you.
There is a certain gritty and seedy quality about the city that either pulls you in or will have you wanting to jump on the next plane or bus outta town.
The thing is, you have to take your time to get to know the place and slowly but surely you develop a peculiar sort of love/admiration for the way the city seems to thrive through the chaos and noise.

It took me a couple days to warm up to Bangkok. Honestly I wasn't immediately impressed with the city. It's loud and filthy, but I soon realized that there is a lack of pretentiousness that I find alluring.
You don't need to dress up fancy or be something you aren't. You can be yourself and go about your business as you please.
It's also pretty impressive to see the way life plays out amidst the constant rush of traffic, the bustling markets and the mass of bodies moving through tight spaces made even tighter by vendors peddling street food and bric-a- brac.

Bangkok was the first stop on our journey. We spent 3 days market hopping and eating as much street food as we could possibly consume. If you're looking for good street food, then Bangkok is where it's at folks. Ridiculously Cheap and usually delicious, it's the way to eat.
Another evening we headed over to Sukhumvit Soi 11 between Nana and Asok where we spent some fun hours bouncing around to a couple bars and clubs (Oskar, Levels and Bash), drinking Chang beer and dancing like fools until our feet hurt. It's a different party scene in these parts. Lady boys and prostitutes and the men who seek them out are your dance floor companions and believe me when I say it makes for great entertainment.

We also spent some time walking around in Khao San and Soi Rambuttri. These roads are great for shopping and for scoring a cheap Thai massage. I am addicted to Thai massages and can't imagine how I'll manage when I go back to Abu Dhabi. I'll never be able to get six dollar massage over there for sure.
I had a great time strolling along the street eating Banana pancakes and sipping coconut water while trying not to spend all my money on fake Ray Bans and I Heart Thailand t-shirts.

The smells of the city are strong and not always pleasant. Taxis try to rip you off every chance they get and traffic is horrendous but you have to visit just once. Stop for a couple days (that's all you need) on your way to somewhere else.
It's worth the memories.

Some yummy street food before we partied. Need your energy.

My new friend 

party time


Fun with my buddy

Crazy party guy at Levels club. The crazier the better for me.

My travel buddy

Really fun bar with amazing drinks in  Sukhumvit Soi 11

The Frenchie who tried to seduce me. Lol, a cute French accent ain't enough buddy.