Embracing Changes and a New Start



Hey lovelies, I'm back! 
Back to blogging and back for my 3rd year, can you believe it, in Abu Dhabi.

My summer was pretty awesome, for the most part. I'm definitely missing my mom and my loves already but it feels so good to be home in my little place again.

I'm writing this post by the way when I should actually be sleeping. In a few hours it wil be time for work. Yikes!!!! Already. 
To tell the truth I'm so nervous/anxious that I can't seem to get myself to fall asleep. There were some major changes at the end of the last school year and we pretty much have an entirely new staff. 
I'm going back to the school I've been teaching in for the past 2 years which would be awesome if all except one of my friends hadn't left. Every single soul on my kindergarten team is gone. I had grown really close to some of the ladies I worked with and I'm super sad that I won't have these friends at work to help keep me sane and get through the tough times.

So this year is really a new start in more ways than one.  A new team to work with and new kids to grow to love.
Trying to build a rapport with a new team and babies who don't speak a lick of English will make for a very challenging start but I've already prayed and asked God for guidance and a positive attitude.
That's about all I can do. 

I'm keeping this quote in mind "the only thing that is constant is change". This will keep me grounded as I embark on this new journey at work. Being able to adapt to changes and being flexible is the way to survive in this place I call home. 

Seriously though, can you believe that this is year three? It's also my 5th year of teaching. I'm still in disbelief. Time surely does fly. 

Speaking of changes, did you get a load of my new look? I got some braids put in to give my hair a rest and to do something a little different. I have Marley Twists which is a new style for me. They're very chunky twists done with a kinkier texture hair. I love it! 

Alright my loves, I'm going to close my eyes for about 3 hours. Chat soon.
Ciao!