Life Lately




Hello lovelies, 
Hope you're having a wonderful week. 

 I'm back on my paleo game and going hard! I've been cooking and baking up a storm these past few weeks.
This was my dinner last night. Baked chicken, broccoli and the best sweet potato hash ever.
I was really in the mood for some potatoes like the kind I used to get at a little deli in NYC ages ago. They were oniony and yummy. I had these white sweet potatoes and I decided to use them to experiment. I am so happy I did because they turned out amazing.

Here is what I did.

Cut up 1 medium potato. Heat frying pan with 1 tbsp ghee until the ghee is really hot. Add the potatoes and cover the pan, stirring every 5 minutes. Add a tbsp of water if potatoes get dry. When they are nice and crisp and the color has turned a lovely golden brown, add half a white onion and green pepper that you've chopped up. Keep adding a few tsps of water until everything is cooked. Onions should be translucent. Seasoned with salt and pepper and whatever other seasoning you like. I used a garlic and sea salt mixture. This will be a hit with everyone and the best part is that it is paleo and healthy.

On to some other news, I am so sad that I'm going to have to quit the couch to 5k running program I recently started. I am suffering from near crippling lower back pain after running despite warming up and stretching. I have been going to the gym for ages and I've done tons of exercises but it's only after  running that I'm having these pains. I was really enjoying running too. Such a bummer. I'm going to the doctor with the hope that they can tell me something. I'm not sure what the problem is. Fingers crossed for me.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of the week.
Besos