Friday Confessional #1




Hey lovelies,
Happy Friday!

So this week I've been on a mini vacay and it's been so delightful. I wanted to really take some time to focus on myself and reconnect with the things that matter to me.
One thing that I realized while doing some reflection was how much time I've been spending on social media such as Instagram and Facebook.

I was so consumed with constantly checking Instagram and Facebook that I became more critical of my life when compared to what I was seeing on social media. I was losing sight of all the awesome things I have going on becasue it didn't look like other peoples' awesome. I was losing my joy and I knew it stemmed from the amount of time I was checked out of my own life.

Some thing had to change, extreme measures needed to be taken. I figured a little social media detox was in order.

So I uninstalled both the Facebook and Instagram apps from my phone. My only access to FB is on my laptop which I don't spend much time on.

Even though it's only been a few days, I can already feel the difference. I'm present and enjoying the little moments. My God, I'm watching tv and not being distracted because I'm checking my phone. I love it!
Now I get on Instagram once a day and that's enough for me.

My goal is to make this a permanent change. Wish me luck!

Have a wonderful weekend my dears.