The Gratitude Project #1


One of the lessons that 2014 taught me is the importance of having a spirit of gratitude.
I had many moments when I would focus only on the things that were going wrong and it would leave me feeling discouraged and miserable. When I chose to focus on the blessings, I was much happier and more positive.
Unfortunately, I  was really good at focusing on the negatives and not so much at focusing on the blessings. It was just so much easier to see what wasn't going well.
Part of my goals for 2015 is to do the opposite of that.
I have decided to create my own gratitude project. Basically, every week I choose at minimum of 3 things that I am grateful for. I am committing to looking beyond my circumstances and finding things that add value and joy to my life.
It doesn't have to be anything life changing or huge, just something that makes me smile even when my day sucks, especially when my day sucks.

This week I am grateful for

  1. My apartment. I love coming home and just relaxing in the comforts of the little space I've created. 
  2. My friends who constantly check on me to see how I'm doing and to tell me how much they miss me. It definitely feels good to be loved.
  3. All forms of social media that allows me to maintain the relationships I have here and at home. 
  4. Appletv. Thanks Apple for this awesome invention that allows me to watch some of my favorite shows while sitting in my stretchy pants on my couch. 
I feel better already just thinking about this list. 

What are you grateful for this week. I'd love to hear from you.