What I'm Eating

Hey lovelies!



Since switching to a Paleo lifestyle, I've been eating way more vegetables than I have ever eaten in my entire life. I've noticed though that I stick to the usual, you know like broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. Sometimes I'll have some zucchini and squash too but I tend to stick to what I know.
It just makes life easier that way.
However it can get boring after a while.

Lately I've been feeling the inclination to step outside the box just a bit and try some different veggies.
I went grocery shopping with a friend and she suggested I try beets. I have bad memories of my mom making beet juice when I was younger. yuck! Since then I've avoided them.

People are always raving about beets and they're really good for you. So I went ahead a purchased some, very apprehensively might I add.

I also had some parsnips hanging out in my fridge becasue I bought them on a whim but had no clue what to do with them.

Well after doing a little research about peeling beets (it's not as bad as I had expected) I made this recipe. It was yummy and the beets have a nice sweet taste which I enjoyed.

Ingredients
3 beets
2 parsnips
1 carrot
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons melted Kerrygold butter
salt and pepper
fresh rosemary

Directions

Peel and chop vegetables into small pieces.
In a bowl, combine veggies with melted butter and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
Spread the vegetables evenly in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, then flip the veggies with a spatula and bake for another 30 minutes.
Once the veggies are done roasting, drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and serve.


I served it with roasted chicken but it would go really well with fish or any meat of your choice. I could even eat it alone but I'm a carnivore and must always have meat.


My goal is to make this a regular part of my diet. I need some more ideas.
What is your favorite way to eat beets?