Viva La Mexico




Hi lovelies.
I really wanted to share some photos from my trip last month to Mexico.
My mom and I had a wonderful time even though it was hot as hell.

We stayed at the Grand Porto Real Resort in Playa del Carmen and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The staff was really helpful and super friendly. Food was mostly good and they worked hard to keep the guests entertained. There was some kind of show put on every night.

I loved the location of the hotel as it was within walking distance of the very busy and fun 5th Ave. If you got bored with the hotel food, you could easily walk over to 5th and take advantage of the many restaurants that abound. There was also tons of shopping and some nice little malls that offered lots off designer options as well as shopping for the budget restricted.

The only negative to an otherwise enjoyable trip was the unsightly amount of seaweed that seemed to take over many of the beaches in the area. It was so bad at our hotel that it was very hard to go lay out on the beach. I was lucky enough after walking for miles away from my hotel, a less affected bit of beach and was able to take a swim.

I was finally finally able to visit Tulum after years of obsessing over it and even managed to fit in a very spontaneous trip to Chichen Itza. It's one of the new seven wonders of the world and I was super hyped to go visit. For me that was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that I really couldn't pass up.
I booked all my tours on viator.com which was great as they included hotel transfers and lunch. It made life so much easier.

At the airport taking slefies. 

Chichen Itza










Tulum



at Tulum. it was so freaking hot!



I climbed all the way up, 137 ft high
getting down was worse than going up. Thank God for the rope

at the top of Nohoch Mul