favorite travel memories

Hey lovelies,
I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

This weekend my urge to travel was so intense. I spent way more time than I'm willing to admit on Kayak.com putting in random countries and checking prices. I used the explore option and saw lots of amazing prices and it took every ounce of self-control not to book a flight, that and the fact that I have a job and very few holidays(insert sad face).

I began thinking about my previous adventures and looking at pictures. I sure had some good times. Here are a few of my favorite travel memories and a little about why they will forever put a smile on my face.

Chitchen Itza, Mexico
Mexico was my second trip with my mom. Chitchen Itza had not been on our itinerary as all the packages I saw when planning our trip were way too expensive. I really wanted to go but just couldn't afford the almost 150 dollars per person prices. Luckily while in Mexico I found a last minute deal that was super cheap. The morning of our trip I woke up with food poisoning and was so sick but I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by. So I went anyway and I'm so glad that I did because how many chances will I have to see one of the Seven Wonders of the World?
Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
A totally spontaneous trip with one of my best friends. I loved that we planned the entire trip in less than an hour and skipped out on work to have the experience. Seeing the pyramids in real life and actually touching them was indescribable. 
Paris, France
Paris was my mom's first proper international trip (now she's gotten the travel bug) and the fact that we shared that together made it extra special. We had a great time and began our little tradition of one girls trip a year. Paris stole our hearts. 
Jebel Akhdar, Oman
My very first camping trip. I was super proud of myself for making it out in the wild, with no toilet and shower for 3 days. My friends didn't think I could handle it but I did! I hiked for miles, visited ancient remote villages in the mountains of Oman and participated in a midnight dance and drum ceremony to celebrate the recent engagement of a local man. It was one of my most memorable trips.  

Amsterdam, Netherlands
I saw my friend Katharina while in Amsterdam this past summer. We met in 2013 when I was traveling in Thailand and have remained in touch since then. We had talked about meeting up but our schedules never aligned. when she heard that I was going to be in Amsterdam, she hopped on a train from her home in Germany to spend the day with me. Nothing beats making new friends. 
Ho Chi Mihn City, Vietnam
I met these awesome folks while in Vietnam. We were on a tour together and after the tour we decided to go out for dinner and to hang out some more. We shared amazing food, lots of beers and laughter. The beautiful thing about traveling, is the chance to meet people who would never otherwise cross your path. 
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Tiger Kingdom, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Thailand was by far my best travel destination. I had so many"once in a lifetime" experiences, from riding an elephant, eating bugs, petting tigers and so many more amazing memories.

I can't wait for my next trip! I'm already thinking about a few places for 2016. I don't think 2016 will be as epic as 2015's 3 international trips, but at this point the wanderlust in me will be satisfied with even one adventure.
Besos!