I was just looking back at my March goals and realized a couple things,
I didn't do as well with my goals and it's really because I didn't refer back to them.You know that saying "out of sight, out of mind"? That totally applies to the situation.
I'm way behind on my goals for the year, which means I have to get cracking and make sure that I am holding myself accountable every step of the way.
This explains why I've been feeling so aimless these past few weeks. I've realized that when i'm actively pursuing my goals, I feel more fulfilled. Why I allow myself to slack off is incomprehensible.
That being said, rather than bemoan the past I will move on and focus my energy on improving.
- Submit final requirement for certification by May 12. I've been procrastinating but I really need to get on it as the deadline is quickly approaching.
- Complete Whole30. I am eight days in and this time I have a buddy. We are holding each other accountable so that we can be successful.
- Read 3 books. I have finished one so far. Dry by Augusten Burroughs. I definitely recommend it.
- Gym minimum 3 x weekly. Oh this is the hardest for me. I have been slacking big time and I really want to get back in a routine of going right after work. I just do not love the gym and I tend to put other things ahead of going.
- Social Media Fast for the rest of the month. Every now and again I like to go on these. I completely log off from social media and focus my energy and time on my spiritual growth.
My commitment is to write this in a place where I can see them and schedule a weekly reflection time to see how I'm progressing.
What are your goals for this month? What strategies do you use to ensure that you are successful?