December Travel Plans

image  via

Hey lovelies,
I hope that your weekend has been been nothing short of wonderful. Mine has been really low-key. I did some work, laundry and went to church. Nothing fancy. I did get a chance to do some reading. I've been reading the entire Sherlock Holmes collection. It's so good!

It's almost time for my December break, well  if you don't count the 6 weeks in between now and the actual time I go on break. Anywho, I'm very excited because for a few days I'll be escaping the wicked cold of NY and heading to a city that has been on my bucket list for the longest.

My mom and I have always wanted to go to California and we decided that rather than spend Christmas in New York again, we would take advantage of the much nicer weather that California has to offer. Plane tickets have been bought and hotel booked. It's taking a lot to not start packing my bags. We'll be staying at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
image via EJ Style
image via EJ Style

The hotel is very close to the Gaslamp Quarter which means we will  have lots to see and do and it's within walking distance  of loads of attraction, shopping and public transportation.

I am particularly excited about the food. I travel for food. That's how much I love to eat and from what I've heard SD has amazing food. I've begun my research and already found some great places. We are looking for a place to have Christmas dinner. If you have any suggestions feel free to send them my way.

The zoo has to be the biggest thing on my agenda. I love going to the zoo! We're also planning to go on a Whale and Dolphin Tour. My mom wants to see the Aquarium as well.
There is just so much to do and it's going to be really hard deciding what to do in the five days we'll be there.
Here's just a little bit of what I have on our bucket list so far. As we get closer to the date I'm sure this list will be even longer. I'll have to narrow it down when I make our itinerary.

By the way, when I travel I like having a proper itinerary because it really helps to keep things organized and I am able to maximize my time. I make sure to factor in rest time as well because it makes no sense coming back from vacation completely exhausted.


If you have any recommendations of things to do and see, please don't hesitate to let me know. I love hearing from people when they have had great experiences.
Besos