Spring Break in Jamaica

Hey lovelies,
I recently returned from a long over due visit to Jamaica. It had been almost five years since my last visit and this spring break was the perfect time to go.
The weather was great. Just the right amount of warmth to take my mind off the wintery New York days.



Most of our time was spent with family and just relaxing. My mom commented that it was the most chill vacation we'd been on in a long time because I did zero planning for trip. Even though we had some must do things in mind it was an open, go with the flow sort of itinerary. I am so used to planning for every minute of a trip in order to maximize my time but it was actually really refreshing to not have to plan anything.
Apart from seeing family, we wanted to eat everything that we hadn't eaten in years. Let me tell you guys, there are just certain foods that taste better in your home country. 
I ate so much and I have no regrets. I enjoyed every scrumptious morsel and every calorie that went along with each bite. I had beef patties from Tastee, ice-cream form the famous Devon House, bun and cheese, fried fish and lobster at Hellshire Beach, mangoes, sugar cane and way more. You have to go to Jamaica and exeprience some of these foods for yourself. You will not regret it, trust me. Jamaican food sweet!




I was also able to reconnect with one of my dear friends from high school. She was the sweetest and during our stay in Kingston, she made sure that we got to go to one of the places on our bucket list. We went to Hellshire to have fish and festivals which are some sort of fried sweet carbalicious delight. 
fried lobster

fried escovitched fish, bammy(cassava) and festivals (the long breadstick looking yumminess)

fried fish


dipping my toes in the water

Words can't even describe how lovely this trip was. I spent time with my crazy and fun family. They kept me laughing the entire time I was around them. The best part was seeing my grandma who is ninety-three and doesn't look a day over seventy-five.



I had the best time and I can't wait to go back.