Weekend Recap #3

Hey lovelies,
this little recap is late but I have committed to posting these each week so here goes.

I began my weekend on Friday. Thankfully we had a rare early dismissal day for teachers. We got to leave the same time as the kids at 1:30. I headed into the city and finally treated myself a long over due mani and pedi. Then I met up with my girls for dinner and catching up.

We went to a place called The Meatball Shop where they specialize in you guessed it...meatballs. It was soooo good. I was never a huge fan of meatballs but the Meatball Shop has made me a believer. I enjoyed every single bite. I had mine with a parmesan cream sauce served over broccoli and cauliflower salad.






love these two!
On Saturday I went to see a dance performance at the Brooklyn Academy of Music aka BAM with my little kiddo, a former student of mine who I've unofficially adopted as my own child. We had a blast and I always love pretending to be a mommy even if it was only for a day.


Sunday was for church and a little relaxing with my momma.
I was really excited becasue I wore a dress that had been sitting in my closet for a long time unworn because I was a little too fluffy to fit it. It finally fit! Yay for those non-scale victories. The scale may not reflect it but my sacrifices and lifestyle change are paying off.




On Monday, I did absolutely nothing but laze around the house and do a little grocery shopping. The next few weekends are going to be jam packed and it was nice to sit around and relax for once. I even started a new book. I'm hoping to accomplish my goal of reading a minimum of twelve books for the year. So far it's not looking good but hopefully over the summer I can make some progress.

Well I hope you enjoyed your weekend this gift of a four day work week.

Ciao!