Weekend Recap #5

Happy Monday lovelies,
I hope you had a marvelous weekend.

Ugh, I am trying not to fall into a heat induced coma, it feels like I'm back in Abu Dhabi. Who was really wishing for summer to get here? I take it back.

Anywho, let's jump into my weekend recap. I had an arts filled weekend and I feel rather cultured.

On Saturday I went to see the Lion King on Broadway with my mom. The tickets were free as an incentive for having great attendance at work.
If you have never seen it, I encourage you to buy a ticket to NY and go see the show. It was visually stunning, funny, touching.



After the show, we grabbed a quick bite at Mamma Mia and then headed back to Brooklyn to see a show by Cirkus Cirkor, a Swedish acrobatic group that uses music and acrobatics to tell political stories.

Limits, which is the performance we saw depicted the refugee crisis. It was beautifully done and thought provoking.
Check out the video of the work they do.





Sunday was a chill day. Besides going to church I didn't do much else. I pretty much spent the afternoon just laying in front of the fan. I was able to finish a book I started last week which is good. I'm making headway on my goal of reading twelve books for the year. One down, eleven to go. LOL

What did you do this weekend? Drop a note below.

Also here's another clip of Cirkus Cirkor. Aren't they incredible? I love how they push the boundaries of the human body!